Saturday 27 November 2010

First Snow

Last night it snowed properly for the first time here this winter. Of course, I just had to venture out in it--I blame it on being a winter baby! This is my ultimate favourite time of year; chilly weather, getting dressed up in my best winter-warm clothes, snuggling up on dark evenings in front of the fire with lots of blankets, Christmas lights on in the city and the German market here for the festive season.

Here's what I looked like today then:


Outfit rundown:
Blouse, JSK: Bodyline
Boots (not pictured): Dr. Martens
Everything else: Offbrand
 I'm a sucker for experimentation within lolita, and I especially adore leather jackets to contrast those beautiful frilly dresses. You can't see, but I also wore my Docs with this coord, mainly because of the snow--but again I like the contrast.

I also managed to find a few loliable bargains today! These gloves, with the cute but elegant little bow, were ₤2 from a Chinese-owned shop in the market, and the blouse from a fairly new vintage shop for just ₤5!


Speaking of the 'fairly new vintage shop', Birds Yard, I met Abbey for the first time today! She volunteers in there, so I said I'd come by to check out the shop and see her. Abbey's a girl I met on MyAsianFashion.com, added on tumblr and then facebook later, and we've become great friends over the internet. She's interested in Lolita fashion and is getting her first dress this Christmas. I'm really glad I got to finally meet her, she's even more lovely in real life; I can't wait until she starts coming to meet-ups now!

I took my mama to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows too, as she hadn't seen it yet. I packed tissues for the end, because Dobby's her favourite character and I was expecting her to cry... but instead I ended up crying over it again. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch that scene without doing so, it's even more powerful than in the book.

So yes, all in all, a fantastic day! I'm just gutted I didn't get any pictures in the snow.

3 comments:

The Glass Princess said...

i LOVE the outfit! i keep wearing my docs with lolits too ^^
is that a wig? if so, its beautiful! and where from i want it! and if not, youre so lucky 0.0

Jenny Pearl said...

Thank you! ^^ Haha, they are super huh?
Yeah it's a wig (':
I got it from a website a college friend told me about last year... I was kind of weary about getting it since it can be quite hit and miss, but I got a good one~
www.annabelleswigs.com
It's really cheap too, and they post it the same day if you order early enough!

The Glass Princess said...

theyre gorgeous! will have t0o invest at some point :D