Monday 30 May 2011

Paris Coord?

Most of you probably don't know but next week (oh my gosh, next week?!) I'm going to Paris for a few days. The main reason is SMTOWN, a K-pop concert held by SM Entertainment featuring only their artists. This is the first time SME have even acknowledged that Europe is part of the world, so it's very exciting... not to mention I'm going to see SHINee in real life! And f(x) and Super Junior and SNSD and... well only two of DBSK ;__;

But let's not get into that.

I don't plan on wearing lolita to the concert, as I have a standing ticket and I'm prone to fainting if I overheat (haha), but on the Saturday we're planning to have a sightseeing day; the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower... and the BABY, the Stars Shine Bright store of course!

I don't know about you, but it's always been my daydream that when I finally step into a brand store with my own two feet, I'll be in full princess mode. So I'll have to pack a bit more than I'd originally planned, but it'll be worth it, right?

Anyway, here's a coord I came up with today:


Sorry for the bad quality of this picture... I don't really know what happened with that.

Anyway, you all know I'm a gothic lolita, so that was the obvious theme. And if you've been back to the beginning of this blog then you'll definitely recognise the dress--it was my first ever JSK. And it remains my favourite (even after the purchase of my first brand piece, which is actually currently for sale). I thought I'd add the black and white vertical striped leggings to give it a twist--not just your classic gothic outfit anymore, I think they bring a Burtonesque feel to it. And everyone who knows me knows my love for Tim Burton.


My chosen accessories: an oversized bow to add to the hint of playfulness; my usual black flowers as well as my new black and white glittery one; lace gloves; a huge elegantly gothic ring; pearl earrings; and my new favourite addition to my jewellery collection, my pearl rosary beads.






To finish off the outfit, I've included my beautiful Victorian style boots. I've never actually used them in a coord before, not because of lack of wanting to, it's just somehow always been inconvenient (lots of walking, snow, etc.) but now I finally can and I think they'll be perfect!

The only thing this is lacking is a blouse, but I wanted to use one with a classic high collar and sheer sleeves. Luckily, I've just won one of that very kind on ebay on the cheap! I hope it's as pretty in real life as it is in the picture!

This has been a very texty post... I am officially back!

2 comments:

Christine said...

I'm so jalous of you that you are going to paris!!! I want to visit the BTSSB store too!!! :O

And by the way! I love your dress, I have some problem finding a black dress, but that one was SO beautiful!

The Glass Princess said...

gorgeous coord! you must take lots of pictures ^^ thankyou for the vote also! doesnt look like ill win, i lack the internet fame for such things :p